Time flies by so fast isn’t it! Since you first started learning how to play the guitar and when progress kicks in, those baby steps you took becomes strides. As you get better and better, you also begin to understand more the importance of tone quality, and the need for diversity. Apart from the tones a guitar and amp provides, you can start mustering tones like distortion, overdrive, fuzz, and modulation tones using multi-effects pedals.
Multi-effects pedals is an affordable and conservative way for beginners to start playing with effects. If your plan is try out first different effects using multi-effects pedals then later on create an effects rig set-up, it is certainly a great idea to have and a better way on finding out what effects you like playing with.
Other than the effects that you will get, it also has added feature like a looper that you can record, a buit-in chromatic tuner to keep you in tune, a library of rhythm patterns that you can play along making guitar playing a lot cooler and interesting. So without further more delay, here are the multi-effects pedals you might wanna start with.
- 5 Best Multi-Effects Processor Under $50
- 10 Best Distortion Pedal Under $50
- 10 Best Overdrive Pedal Under $50
- 7 Best Guitar Effects Pedals For Beginners
Zoom G1Xon Multi-Effects Processor With Expression Pedal
The Zoom G1XON gives you a 100 effects reasons why you should start playing the guitar with effects. You can set up to 5 effects to use simultaneously while you play along with 70 built-in rhythm patterns.
In addition to that, it also has a looper feature that allows you to record up to 30 seconds CD quality audio, and a chromatic tuner to keep your guitar in tune. You can also connect a headphone for a quite practice session, and jam along with music players using the auxiliary input jack on the back.
Zoom G1Xon Features In A Glance:
- Features 100 guitar effects
- Variety of distortion, compression, modulation, delay, reverb, and amp models
- Up to 5 effects can be used simultaneously
- 70 built-in rhythm to play along
- Connect headphones to the output jack for silent practice sessions
- Looper feature 30 seconds of CD quality audio
- Built-in chromatic tuner
- Runs on 4 double A battery for 20 hours
- Made of hard plastic body with digital display
Vox StompLab IIG 104 Modeling Effects For Guitar With Expression Pedal
Vox StompLab IIG is made up of a road worthy aluminum die-cast casing with a clear analog display to add more pro appeal to it. This multi-effects pedal carries a 10 category effects set up and each one having 10 different preset effects for a total of a whopping 100 effects overall. It also feature a user bank that you can store up to 20 programs and a chromatic tuner to always keep you in tune.
Vox StompLab IIG Features In A Glance:
- 104 different variation of effects
- Set up in 10 categories with each one has 10 different models for a whopping 100 preset effects. Ballad, Jazz/ Fusion, Pop, Blues, Rock & Roll, Rock, Hard Rock, Metal, Hard Core, Others.
- It also has a user bank that you can set up to 20 programs.
- Built-in chromatic tuner
- 4 Double A battery included, Runs for 7.5 hours
- Made out of die-cast aluminum with analog display
NUX MG-100 Multi-Effects Processor with Expression Pedal
Get started playing with effects using the UX MG-100 multi-effects pedal. This effects pedal has a total of 58 different effects that you can play around which is exceptional for its price point. It has a 13 amp modules, 11 cabinet models with a 72 presets and you can program up to 8 effects to play simultaneously. Added features includes a vintage 3 band passive equalizer, a drum machine and a 40 seconds phrase loop that adds more playability.
NUX MG-100 Features In A Glance:
- Over 58 different effects
- 8 effects can be use simultaneously
- 13 classic amp modules
- 11 cabinet models
- 36 factory presets and 36 user presets
- Vintage 3 band passive equalizer
- 6 band graphic equalizer design
- Built-in drum machine
- Phrase loop with sound on sound adds more playability
- Input jack to practice with MP3, CD’s and other inputs
- Expression pedal
- Large panel LCD display
- Runs on 6 double AA battery
Boss ME-25 Multi-Effects Processor With Expression Pedal
Capture the best tones with the Boss ME-25 wide variety of effects combinations. It feature a simple to control interface which allows you for easy access to it’s built-in sound library with dozens of effects divided in different category and variations to use straight away. It also includes a looper to record up to 38 seconds of audio, a usb port to plug in your computer, 2 digits LED display and many more.
Boss ME-25 Features In A Glance:
- Sound Library 60 preset effects, Clean, Crunch, Drive, Heavy, Lead, Extreme
- OD/DS Effects Type: Distortion/Overdrive, Boost, OD1, T-Scream, Dist, Classic, Modern, Metal, Core, and Fuzz
- COMP/FX Effects Type: Compressor, T-Wah, AC SIM
- PREAMP Effects Type: Clean, Twin Tweed, Vo Drive, BG Lead, MS Vintage, MS Modern, 5150 Drive, R-Fier, Ultra Metal
- MODULATION Effects Type: Chorus, Phaser, Flanger, Rotary, UNI-V, Tremolo, Harmonist, Octave
- DELAY Effects Type: 1-99ms, 100-990ms, 1000-6000ms, TAP
- REVERB Effects type: Room, Hall
- PEDAL FX effects Type: Wah, +1 Octave, -1 Octave, Freeze
- NS: Noise Supressor
- Looper with 38 seconds of audio recording
Where to buy: Boss ME25 Guitar Multi-Effects Pedal $199.00 Amazon
Zoom G3X Amp Simulator With Expression Pedal
The Zoom G3X is the extended version of it’s previous predecessor the G3. It comes with a expression pedal with 22 amp model effect and a 94 stomp box effects that you can interchangeably use for desired tone.
In addition, it also has a looper feature that allow 40 seconds of CD quality audio recording, and a built-in chromatic tuner to keep your guitar tune.You can also program up to 6 different effects that you can use simultaneously at a time. A headphone input jack for quite practice session and you can play along using a music player using the auxillary input jack.
Zoom G3X Features In A Glance:
- 94 effects, Distortion, Compression, Modulation, Delay, and Reverb
- 22 amp cabinet models
- expression pedal for volume control and effect parameters
- 3 backlit LCDs
- Easy to use user interface
- 6 effects can be used simultaneously
- 100 memory locations for storage
- 100 factory preset
- Auto save function for patch parameters
- Built-in chromatic tuner
- Looper for 40 seconds CD quality recording
- 41 built-in rhythm patterns
- Input jacks for amps and headphones
- Runs on 4 AA batteries
- AC adapter included
- USB port and firmware updates
- 2-in/2-out USB audio interface for PC/Mac computers
- With Zoom Edit & Share software
- Steinberg Cubase LE recording software included